Achieving high bands in the IELTS exam test is required to study or work in international countries. If you have also seen the dream to pursue higher studies in international institutions or top foreign universities or want to settle there for the job purpose then getting a 7+ or 8+ band in the IELTS is the first step. 6.5 band is also acceptable by many countries but it all depends on the requirement of the student and their background history. Know-how is IELTS Score Calculated ion IELTS Test.
IELTS evaluates people on the four levels. It judges their reading, writing, speaking, and listening potential. IELTS score ranges from 0 to 9. 8+ bands are considered excellent and widely accepted by top countries like Australia, New Zealand, and Canada. That’s the reason, many students prefer to take IELTS training from the IELTS training centers available in their city. If you also wouldn’t compromise with your future and want to get the top advice then ask for guidance from the Best IELTS institute in Ludhiana.
A candidate should be familiar with the syllabus, exam pattern, and score structure of the IELTS examination test. So, today we have decided to enlighten on the IELTS score pattern. Candidates need to join the best IELTS Coaching Institute to achieve all the Desired Bands in the IELTS Test. Here you will be aware of how the score of the IELTS is calculated based on all four modules; Reading, writing, speaking and listening.
There are two parts of the IELTS test: the IELTS Academic test and the IELTS General test. The IELTS Academic test is selected by the candidate who wants to study abroad whereas the IELTS general test is designed for the people who want to migrate abroad for the job. So, it entirely depends upon the requirement of the candidate whether they want to go abroad for the study or work so if you need more assistance or clearance on the same, contact Best IELTS institute in Jalandhar.
How is the overall IELTS Score calculated in IELTS Test?
As you know, the overall IELTS bands are calculated based on 0 to 9. A candidate will also get 0.5 like 6.5 or 7.5, etc. The entire band score is calculated by taking into consideration all four English skills which are reading, writing, speaking, and listening. The unit scores of the test are weighted in an equal form.
For example, the average of the 4 English skills ends up with 0.25, then the whole band value will be rounded up to the next half. On the other hand, if the band score ends with 0.75, the full IELTS marks will be rounded up to the nearest whole band.
Please understand with the below suitable example:
- A candidate gets a 6.5 in reading, a 5 in speaking, 7 in writing, and a 6.5 in listening. The addition of the value of the total score is 25. Now, divide the 25 by 4 and the total marks end up with 6.25. As you can see, the total mark ends with 0.25 so round up to the second half band which makes the overall band score value 6.5.
- If a candidate avails 6.5 in reading, 5.5 in speaking, 6 in writing, and 6.5 in listening then the whole score value is 24.5. Then, divide the 24.5 by 4 which makes the total score is 6.125. Now you see the total score ends with a fraction below .25, so, round down the whole figure to the next whole band. Thus, the overall band will be 6.0.
Hence, this is the calculation method of the IELTS test exam. If you are looking for complete guidance on the IELTS exam including IELTS score or exam pattern or any other, it is better to consult with the Best IELTS institute in Ludhiana or Best IELTS Institute in Jalandhar.
How to get a 9 score band in IELTS?
The IELTS band is the major foundation of your dreams to get admission to highly developed foreign countries for study or to get a work permit. Scoring 9 bands are every candidate’s dream and you will be delighted to know it is easy to achieve the 9 bands in the IELTS if you follow the proper study plan along with good practice. Follow the beneath tips you must use at the test venue to achieve 9 bands in the IELTS:
- Understand the question carefully: First, try to understand the questions with utmost care. If you know what you have asked in the exam, only then you can give your best output. Always write good content which supports the question’s main idea. If you are clear in your mind what you are being asked then you’re able to deliver the information in the right manner.
- Use high vocabulary, grammar, and linking words: To show your English skill to the examiner, right the valuable information, follow the given time frame and structure of the exam, right grammar rules, and strong vocabulary. Your vocab should be simple but strong so that it is understandable by the layman. Linking words depicts you have great knowledge of the language. You can also add idioms that make your copy interesting.
- Write accurate spellings: Make sure your spellings are correct. Many students make this mistake when they panic because of limited time. Therefore, always revise the copy before submitting it to the examiner. For that purpose, allocate your time accordingly. If you get 10 minutes to complete the sheet then write the content in 8 minutes and invest 2 minutes in revising the whole copy to check your mistakes. Because, no matter if you provide the correct answer, but, if your spellings are wrong then you wouldn’t get the desired score in the IELTS test.
- Be confident and look good: In the Speaking test, your speaking ability will be judged along with your confidence and appearance. Appearance is related to how you carry yourself while interacting with the evaluator. How you behave, how you talk, your eye contact with the interviewer, your pronunciation, tone of your voice, fluency, behavior in the test room, and how you respond to the question of the examiner, all will be taken care of by the invigilator while marking the test score.
- Avoid repetition: Repetitions should be ignored while writing and speaking. You can use synonyms or idioms to give your relevant answers.
- Be attentive at the test center: Focus on the instructions of the examiner. Read the question paper carefully from beginning to end. Ask doubt if you have related to the test, system, or question paper.
- Be relaxed: Never pay attention to what other candidates are saying. Be positive and confident with the preparation you have done during your study time. Many students make this mistake Then they panic because of limited Words. Therefore, always revise the copy before submitting it to the examiner.
- Be fluent: Present your views or opinions in a smooth way. Don’t fumble while doing discussions with the speaker. Let the speaker speak first and begin your answer afterward. Don’t be harsh at the time of discussion.
In the end, we advise you to work on all four English skills to achieve 8+ or 9 in the IELTS. If you start practicing from the beginning for the test, then, you can easily achieve the desired result.