What do you consider when choosing a school to enroll your child? The quality of education offered in the school, the teacher’s competency and professionalism, the schools’ location, and the school’s available facilities are on the list of what you often consider. But you cannot deny the school’s affordability is top on the list.
It is the cost of fees that influences every other factor in your inventory. So whether you are seeking to enroll your child for the first time in school or transferring them to a new school, the cost of sustaining them in school influences your decision.
It is therefore essential that you are aware of the cost of fees in various schools. However, you cannot appreciate the difference in the school fee structures without knowing the two main types of schools in Bangalore based on funding.
The following are the types of schools in Bangalore:
- Public schools. Public schools are schools that are supported through public funds.
- Private schools. Private schools are schools that wholly depend on the payment of school fees. They do not rely on public funds.
Students in Bangalore pay Rs 1.32 lakh for those in public schools, while those in private schools pay RS 80000 or more. There are various ways of raising the required amount to sustain a learner in school. They include;
- Parental support. It is the parent’s responsibility to cater to the learner’s school fees. Therefore, parents should strive to sustain their children in schools by availing of the required school fees. Parents’ failure to support their children in school for different personal reasons initiates other forms of funding.
- Self-support. Some students are forced by circumstances to cater for their education. They can do this by doing jobs after school, or some take some time out of school for a couple of years to work and raise school fees.
- Student loans. Banks and financial institutions are finally warming up to the idea of granting loans to deserving students to pay for their university education. The loan is repaid once a learner is through with their education and can afford the payment installments. Of course, the loan is repaid with an interest that varies depending on the bank.
- Work-study programs. Some school departments provide jobs to needy students in their free time, and the student’s compensation for their work is channeled towards paying for the student’s school fees.
- Scholarships. A scholarship is any financial assistance awarded to a student to help sustain them in school. Scholarships are awarded using different criteria. For instance, some scholarships are exclusive to the needy yet academically gifted students, the need-based scholarship. In contrast, some scholarships are not necessarily for the disadvantaged students but for students who show prowess in different fields such as academics, sports, and art, the merit-based scholarship.
Parents should always enroll their children in affordable schools. As much as being in quality and prestigious schools, such as the global Indian international school in Bangalore, is essential, the cost of fees is the determinant.
If you have to enroll your child in a prestigious school, you should have a convenient funding means. If you are a parent who struggles financially, scholarships are your best option as your child does not have to repay the scholarship money. But first, familiarize yourself with the various school fees structure.