A laptop can accumulate a lot of fingerprints on its screen but cleaning them off is a difficult job.
This task can get a lot harder if you have a touchscreen laptop. Are you looking for ways to make your laptop screen cleaner?
Are you bothered by the fingerprint smudges on your laptop’s screen? You can easily clean your laptop screen with laptop monitor cleaner spray.
If your laptop screen is full of fingerprints, you might want to consider cleaning it. The problem is, it doesn’t help to clean the screen with your fingers if your fingers are covered with oil and grease.
The solution is to use a microfiber cloth. In this article, we will show you a few ways you can get rid of those fingerprints from your laptop.
If want to get more reviews, buying guides, and tips about laptops visit thelaptoppedia.com
Different ways to clean fingerprints from laptop screen
Use Microfiber cloth
Unplug the laptop
There have been many cases where individuals have unknowingly damaged their monitors by trying to clean them while they were being used.
The simple truth of the matter is, you should always turn your laptop off before attempting to clean it out so as to avoid having any permanent damage done to the screen and/or other components in your laptop.
Microfiber cloth is an excellent material that comes in very handy when cleaning a laptop screen. In fact, this type of cloth does not produce lint and is very soft.
It’s also the preferred method for cleaning or wiping away fingerprints from screens. You should not use a washcloth, T-shirt, or another type of cloth, since these will produce lint and debris on your screen.
For the same reason, you shouldn’t use paper products, such as napkins, paper towels, or toilet tissue either to wipe the screen with since they scratch up the computer screen when used to clean it off.
Therefore, it’s wise to keep a microfiber cloth handy when there are places where gunk tends to accumulate like keyboards and laptop screens.
Wipe the screen
Wiping the screen gently with one light pass of the cloth should eliminate any loose dust and particles.
Using circular motions when wiping may help to remove some tougher spots because it will give you a bit more surface area on your cloth, allowing for better contact with the screen.
In order to avoid accidental damage, do not apply pressure when wiping the monitor, as doing so could damage your monitor by either scratching or pressing down on pixels that are already burnt out.
Clean the frame of the laptop screen
If the area around your screen is dirty, you can use any regular household cleaning solution and a paper towel.
Just be sure to quickly wipe away from the screen so that nothing on the towel will touch it.
Use a cleaning solution to get rid of fingerprints
- Since you would want to avoid getting water where it shouldn’t be when using a liquid, make sure the computer is turned off and unplugged from its power source.
- One of the best ways to clean your laptop screen effectively is to use distilled water. Distilled water is free from inorganic chemicals and safer for the touch screen compared to cleaning liquids. Do not ever use alcoholic or ammonia solutions on touchscreens in order to avoid damage. If your screen gets really dirty, consider rinsing it with a 50/50 solution of distilled water and White Vinegar diluted in water.
- This is a kind of bottle with a sprayer that dispenses a fine mist. By holding the top when you push on the button, you’ll squeeze some liquid from the bottle into the sprayer. Pour some of this solution into your spray bottle, then put the cap back on.
- It is important not to use a regular cloth on your screen, since this could scratch it. In addition, be careful when you’re spraying the atomizer bottle to wet the microfiber cloth — if you do it too close or even directly on the screen, you run the risk of making a mess that may permanently damage it. Try sprinkling just a little bit of water at a time onto the corner of the microfiber cloth and see if you get a clean swipe across your display without getting too much water on.
- A circular motion with the cloth is best when cleaning your laptop screen. Be sure to apply gentle and even pressure in order to maintain contact between yourself and the screen. Do not apply any more pressure than is necessary in case you do not want to risk damaging your collection of vintage owl figurines or favorite paintings. Also, be careful not to smudge the inside of the screen again while rubbing it vigorously in an effort to get rid of dead pixels on your laptop screen.
Clean fingerprints with distilled water
Cleaning fingerprints off of your laptop is possible with rainwater. Be sure to remove the battery first.
Then, grab a spray bottle and fill it halfway full with rainwater. Gently wipe down your laptop screen with a dampened cloth. To remove unsightly watermarks, rub the wet cotton cloth across the surface of your notebook computer until it begins to disappear.
Avoid going too hard on the surface because you could end up scratching the LCD panel and non-keyboard keys with a scouring pad instead, gently scrub away any marks without causing damage.
Tips whiling cleaning laptop screen
As the laptop’s owner, you are responsible for all damage caused by excess moisture. This includes anything that can be blamed on your carelessness when it comes to the health of your computer’s internal components.
Before using any cleaning materials, particularly liquids, make sure there is no water anywhere in the room where you plan to use them.
If there is visible moisture on the machine, wipe it away with a dry towel before continuing to clean or try again another time when conditions are more favorable.
Remember: A disassembling process requires the highest level of caution so as not to cause damage to key parts inside an otherwise perfect-looking exterior shell.
It’s important to safeguard against accidents that may result in ruining work that could have been avoided if proper previous steps were taken into consideration beforehand.
Damage can be done to your laptop if you press too hard. Be sure to use the gentle circular rubbing motion when cleaning your screen so as not to damage any of the electronic components. Never use a brush or anything but a soft cloth to clean your screen.
FAQs Related to the Topic
Can you use baby wipes to clean your laptop screen?
No, you can’t use it directly on the screen of the laptop.
What is the best way to clean a flat-screen TV with fingerprints on it?
Take some dryer sheets and rub them along the TV lightly in circular motions. Once the screen has been cleaned with a microfiber cloth, it will appear shiny and new.
What cloth should I use to clean my laptop screen?
Unlike paper towels that just aren’t strong enough to thoroughly clean delicate electronics, our microfiber circular cleaning cloths work wonders on electronic screens because they are super-soft and gentle yet still strong enough to do the job right.
Make sure you never scratch your monitor or laptop screen by using something else again. With Microfiber cloth you’ll have total peace of mind so you can finally put away those dirty rags forever.
When you are out in the field working on your laptop, there is always the issue of fingerprints that you leave behind.
You may think that it’s not a big deal, but that is not the case. If you don’t clean your laptop screen correctly, your laptop will always have fingerprints on it.
This is where the need for cleaning your laptop screen comes in. You can clean the laptop screen with the cleaning solution and microfiber cloth to get rid of fingerprints present on it.
I hope that you will understand how to clean fingerprints off the laptop screen to make sure it looks good.
For more information about laptops visit our website.