One of the inventions that have brought a large-scale change in the world is the Internet. It has changed the human lifestyle forever. It has brought many benefits that have made life more comfortable. But, the safety of this platform has always been a concern. For tackling this, you might have used Webroot. But, due to some issue, the software had got deleted. And now, you want to know, how to get it back. In this article, you will learn the process to Reinstall Webroot.
What is the reason for the removal of the software?
The main reason is the damage caused to the files of the application. This can cause while doing any changes to them or moving them. Some users also accidentally uninstall the program. There are others whose application is old and want to remove it and add a new one. In any case, the company provides the option to easily reinstall Webroot. But you need to have certain items for this process. Without them, it will be hard to get the application back.
Things required for getting back the software or reinstall webroot
The company will always require some details to confirm that you are the actual user, that has paid for the software. To prove that, they ask certain things to add, while you reinstall Webroot. The list of these items is given below. Check whether you have all of them.
The Email Account and its Password
While initially adding the program to your device, you might have given the company an email address. This address will be useful within the process. You should have access to this address and must know the password. It is better if you have created your account, on the company’s website.
The Product Key Code / Activation Code
This code played an essential role during the initial setup also. It will also play an important role here. As a user, this code must be kept safely. So, if you have it, you can make the process happen easily. In case, you have lost the code, check the end of this article. There is a method to get it back.
Initial Procedure before adding the Software
If you don’t want to face errors while adding the software to your device, you need to do this. So, to reinstall Webroot, you will need to first make a good uninstallation. By good installation, I mean removing the software completely from your device. If any item of the software remains, it would show up some of the other errors.
The Basic Process to remove the existing application
In case your application is old or you are facing any issue with the application, you can follow these methods to get rid of it. The method given below is for Windows Users. For the Mac Users, a complete removal procedure will be given, as this method is not applicable for them.
- Right-click on the Start Icon within the Taskbar
- Press on the ‘Run’ option
- Type the following: appwiz.cpl
- Search your Webroot Application and right-click on it
- Press ‘Uninstall’
- Press ‘Yes’
- Type the digits appearing in the image
- Press on ‘Continue’
- Restart your system
The Procedure to completely remove the remaining items
Even when you have uninstalled the software, there are some items that aren’t removed with it. These items may cause trouble while adding the new software. Therefore, removing them is essential. For this process, you need software that will do this work. The software is officially provided by the company.
Links to download the software
- Application no.1: http://download.webroot.com/CleanWDF.exe
- Application no.2: http://download.webroot.com/CleanWDF.exe
Process of using the software
The above given link will download the software. This software will do the removal process. Select the first link and follow the step-by-step method, below. Select the second one, and do the same.
- In your taskbar, a ‘File Manager’ icon is available. Press on it.
- Select the ‘Downloads’ option, available in the left corner.
- Right-click on the application, downloaded through the above link
- Select ‘Run as Administrator’
- Press ‘Yes’
- Select ‘Clean’
- Restart the system
Removal Procedure for the Mac Users:
- There will be a Finder Application within you’re Taskbar. Select it.
- Press on ‘Applications’ Option
- Select the ‘Search Bar’
- Type: Webroot
- Press on the small ‘Plus’ Icon
- Two additional options will be available. Select the first one, on the left
- Select ‘Others’
- In the Search Bar, type: System
- Within the Result, there will be a small box. Check/Tick this box.
- Press ‘Ok’
- Now from the two additional options, select the second one.
- Press on the ‘are included’ option
- Delete all the files from the result.
The Procedure for Adding the Software
To Reinstall Webroot, you can even simply repeat the way, you had added it previously. Before doing this, make sure you have the items given above. If you don’t remember the way, here is a guide that you can follow to get the software.
- Select the given link: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/register
- Type the Email according to the instructions given earlier in the article.
- Add your Product Keycode. If you don’t have one, read the process given below.
- Press on the ‘Next button
- Select ‘Download’
- Open the downloaded file
- Do as instructed on the display.
What if I don’t have my product Keycode?
- Open the Link: https://www.webroot.com/in/en/redownloads
- If you scroll down, you will see a box, asking for your last name and email. Type them. They should be the ones, with which you had previously registered yourself.
- Below this instruction, there will be a small box. Besides this box, the demand for the code through email will be given. Check/Tick this box.
- Press on the ‘Download Now’ button.