You can use the Genie smart setup to install your Netgear router easily. The traditional way of installing a Netgear router can be a little time-consuming and tricky, but you can avoid all of the hard work by doing the smart work of using the Netgear Genie Smart Setup. But to use the smart setup method, you first need to know how you can access it, and then you will be able to use it. In this guide, we will try to cover all of the instructions for you to access the smart setup and install the Netgear extender. So, please keep reading this guide.
Accessing the Netgear Genie Smart Setup-
To access the smart setup, you first need a device connected to the Netgear extender’s network. To do so,
- Connect the Netgear extender to a wall jack.
- Power on the Netgear extender and wait for the Power LED light to blink green.
- Then, connect the extender to an ISP router (or modem). To connect, you can use the WPS button or an ethernet cable.
- After you connect the Netgear extender to the router, open your device (mobile, laptop, or desktop).
- Now, go to the Wi-Fi manager on your device and find the network with _EXT extension( extender’s network).
- Then, enter the default password and connect to the network. After that, wait for the Device Link LED on the router to blink green.
- Following this, open a browser and enter mywifiext.com in search of the browser.
- Here, the Genie smart setup wizard opens.
Setting up the Netgear Extender-
Once you have successfully accessed the Genie smart setup. Here are the steps that you have to follow to set up the Netgear extender-
- Once you open the Genie Smart setup, you can see all the available networks listed on the first window.
- Now, choose the network you want to extend and click on it.
- If the network is password-protected, enter the password to have access to that network.
- Then, to extend the selected network, create the SSID and password.
- Now, connect your device to the extended network using the same SSID and password you have just created in the previous step.
- Lastly, you can now move the extender to your desired place, connect it to a wall jack, and then power on it. Here, make sure to select the place where you usually face network issues.
By following these instructions, you can set up the Netgear extender easily. However, sometimes there can be issues that can prevent you from setting up your Netgear router. So, in case you encounter any problems with the smart setup, try the following tricks to fix the issues.
- Firstly, make sure that the extender is placed in the range of the router during setup.
- Also, ensure to place the extender high from the floor to receive good signals.
- Then, check that the extender is receiving the proper power supply.
- Following this, also check that your device is connected to the extender. In case you have issues connecting devices with wifi, then connect them using the ethernet cable.
- Check the login credentials for the extender. To find the admin login credentials, you can contact the vendor of the extender. On the other hand, you can check the router label to get the extender’s network log-in details.
- Check the internet browser you use to access the smart setup wizard. Of course, you have to make sure to use an updated browser.
- Delete the browser’s cookies and cache.
- Disable the firewall on your device in case it is enabled or try vice versa.
- Delete the temporary files on your device or try to clean the disk.
- Also, when you move the extender to a new place, it must stay in the range of the primary router. To confirm that your extender is connected to the router’s network, check the Router Link LED. If the LED blinks green, the extender is in the range of the router. However, if it is amber or red, move the extender in the router’s range.
- Try to reboot the extender and the main ISP router as well.
These are some of the solutions that you can try to fix the issues with the Genie smart setup. However, if you still face issues with the smart setup, consider getting in touch with Netgear customer support here: https://www.netgear.com/support/. You can address any of your queries related to the Netgear extender here.
Resetting the extender-
You can also try to reset your extender device. If you have issues with the login credentials, resetting is the best option.
- Find the reset button on one of the side panels of the router labeled as RESET.
- Now, you need to hold the reset button for 20 to 30 seconds. To hold the router, you can use a sim injector or any other object like it.
- After you release the reset button, the extender restarts itself.
- The extender can take one to two minutes to reset.
Genie smart setup is a good way to avoid trouble with the installation of the extender. Anyone can use the smart setup without having any professional knowledge about it. Netgear has provided smart setup services to provide ease of use. So, if you are looking to set up your extender device, you can try the Genie smart setup without any hesitation.