ISP License, the permit issued by the Department of Telecommunication that let you start an Internet Service Providing Company has been rising in demand. As people are rushing towards obtaining this license first so that they can cover the bulk of the market base, it’s time that you get ahead of the crowd.
How can you accomplish it and get ahead? It’s simple. Know the stakes and the process of getting ISP License in India. The more information you possess, the righter the consultants will be that you encounter. In the end, through your knowledge and their expertise, you’ll end up signing the ISP license agreement easily.
Step 1: Choose the Category of your ISP
The category of your ISP is subjective to the size of the area in which you want to deliver your internet services. Paying the smallest ISP license cost will let you provide you internet services in one village while the paying the largest ISP license fee will let you provide internet services to the whole country. There are three categories of ISPs based on these factors:
- Category A ISPs: If you’re looking for a quick expansion and have the financial stability to manage a large scale ISP, you can apply to register a Category A ISP. Giving you the power to provide internet services throughout the country, category A ISP should only be opened if you’re ready to deal with the risks that come with starting such an expansive business.
- Category B ISP: The limitation of category A ISP is that the ISP license price that it entails makes it suitable for only a select number of businessman. That’s why, the category of ISP is that has the highest demand is the category B. The license to start it is lower than category A but it gives you the power to provide internet services in metropolitan cities – places that you know has the highest customer count of high quality internet users.
- Category C ISP: Sometimes, going smaller is a lot more lucrative. With India going on a digital path, more and more villages are now being connected to the internet. By paying the ISP license fees of the category C ISP, you get the power to provide internet services specifically to one village, or a small town.
Step 2: Incorporate a company whose objective is to provide internet services
No individual is allowed to file the application. Only a private limited company can. Thus, after you’ve decided the size of ISP you want to start, you should work towards incorporating your ISP business as a private limited company. Once you obtain the certificate of incorporation, keep it aside along with the MOA and the AOA of that company.
Step 3: Submit the application required for ISP License online registration
Before the online method was introduced, if you would’ve asked anyone about how to get ISP license in India, you’d get the answer in the similar lines as “Application has to filed by pen and submitted to the DOT by physically paying a visit”. Times have changed now. As such, there is a way to file the application for ISP license online. Use the saralsanchar portal to get the facility to file the online application. As you’re filing the application, upload the required documents;
- Certificate of incorporation of your company which is an ISP
- MOA explicitly stating that providing internet services if your company’s primary objective.
- AOA that states that rules and regulations you’re following as a company.
- KYC of all the company’s directors.
- List of shareholders of the company
- A description of the nature of ISP.
- Bharatkosh fee receipt of the ISP license India fees.
Step 4: Wait for the DOT to run a complete analysis of your application
In addition to checking the documents and the application you’ve provided, the DOT will also try to assess whether issuing you the license is in the best interest of the internet users of India. If it deems you worthy of ISP license, you’ll be given a letter of Intent.
Other Related Content: RNI Registration
Step 5: Follow the specific instructions that are described in the letter of intent
Other than the application process fee part of the ISP license cost in India, you’ll now know that actual price you’re required to pay for the license. The DOT wants you to take some guarantees that your internet service venture would be successful. To hold you to that promise, the DOT asks two things from you:
- The Performance bank guarantee
- The financial bank guarantee
Deposit the above and send the documents associated with each of the above guarantees as proof to the Department of Telecommunication.
Step 6: Wait for the license to arrive at your doorstep, or your email
Depending upon how you’ve filed the application or how you’ve ISP license consultant has conducted the licensing process, you’d either receive the license at your home or at your email ID.
Step 7: Make the license functional by signing a service agreement
If you’ve not reached out to a bandwidth providing telecom company, your hold of the license is considered null and void. That’s why, as soon as you get the license, reach out and sign an agreement with a telecoms service provide. Forward the agreement to the DOT. Upon receiving the agreement, you’ll receive a notification stating that your ISP license is now functional.
No one is saying that you have to take the above seven steps on our own. From deciding the category to making the ISP license valid, the steps need an oversight of a good expert. That’s the only way for your ISP dreams to become a reality. So, if you’re ready to make the real, contact our DOT consultants.