Erectile dysfunction is the most common sexual dysfunction in the whole world. Erectile dysfunction is simply put, the inability or failure to have and maintain penile erections for a recurrent duration of a minimum of three months in spite of sexual stimulation.
It should be relieving to know that almost every men face the difficulty in producing an erection or maintaining it once in a while and it is nothing to worry about.
Although it is fairly more common in men who are older in age, it is quite possible for younger men to go through this condition.
In spite of the fact that due to the advances in the medical field and the open-mindedness of people the stigma around erectile dysfunction has gone down significantly. But in spite of this, men feel embarrassed and some even face depression if they suffer from erectile dysfunction. This is because men’s ego and self-image are often linked to their ability to enjoy and provide sexual intimacy for their partner.
What are the potential causes Erectile Dysfunction in Men?
This condition may be the outcome of neurological disorder, hormonal deficiency, lack of sufficient blood flowing towards the male organ and psychological issues.
The most common causes of erectile dysfunction are physical or psychological, some of which are listed below:
- Relationship Issues
- Low-Self Esteem
- Spinal cord injury/Surgery
- Pelvic region injury/ Surgery
- Enlarged Prostate
- Treatment for prostate cancer
- Sleeping disorders
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Excessive Alcoholism
- Peyronie’s disease
- Tobacco consumption
- Certain prescription drugs
- High levels of insulin
- Blood pressure issues
Up to 80% of the cases when erectile dysfunction is diagnosed in men, the cause is a physical one. Physical causes of erectile dysfunction are easy treatment with oral medications such as Viagra or Generic Viagra like Kamagra or Cenforce 100. It can also be treated with penile injections and erections pumps. Each person has a different severity of erectile dysfunction and they may need different kinds of treatments.
The psychological causes of this condition can be easily treated after counselling, therapy or even placebo medications offer positive results to a varying degree.
- What can be done to treat men suffering from Erectile Dysfunction?
If you experience the symptoms of erectile dysfunction in your body such as the inability to have or maintain an erection for more than 2 months then the first thing you should do is to go and see a doctor.
Erectile dysfunction is a medical condition, therefore, do not self-diagnose yourself under any conditions. Once you met your doctor, he or she will be able to determine if you are suffering from erectile dysfunction or your condition could have some other indications.
Once it has been established that you are suffering from erectile dysfunction, your doctor will prescribe you the form of the treatment which is suitable for you. He or she will also determine if the cause of your condition is physical or psychological which is important before prescribing you a treatment.
The various treatments that may be prescribed or suggested for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men:
- Regular aerobic exercises are often suggested for people who are suffering from erectile dysfunction due to excessive body weight or lots of fat in the body. Weight loss often permanently treats the dysfunction caused by obesity.
- Counselling and therapy is often the treatment administered if the causes of the condition are related to psychological reasons.
- Erectile dysfunction caused by low levels of testosterone in the body is treated by the ingestion of the male sex hormone in their body.
- Oral treatments are among the most prescribed and easily administrable treatments for erectile dysfunctions. There are several oral drugs such as Sildenafil (Cenforce 100), Tadalafil (Vidalista 20), Vardenafil (Levitra) and Avanafil (Stendra) are available in the market. These drugs are oral medications and generic brands of these drugs are also available in the market such as Vidalista. These are much cheaper than their branded counterparts but are equally effective for the treatment.
- Vacuum erection devices such as pumps are also available for people who cannot use the other treatments.
- Some men prefer penile injections and even penile implants as a form of treatment for this condition.
- Surgeries are also an option for people who want to treat erectile dysfunction treatment. Among all the treatment of erectile dysfunction, only surgery has long term impact, all the other treatments are to be used as required before a session of lovemaking.
What changes can you make to treat Erectile Dysfunction?
The most important thing that will determine the success of the treatments is your own attitude towards your body, your life, and your relationships
If you are someone who is constantly stressed and out of sync with your partner then you must make some changes in that area. Make it a priority to keep growing the intimacy in your relationships by going out on dates frequently, communicating with each other and also exploring each other and your interests together. Your partner is your team, their love and support play an essential role to make you feel better in all areas of your life.
If work stress is killing the buzz out of life and relationship then take proactive steps to deal with it and maintain a healthy work-life balance in such a way that your productivity goes up and your love life is spiced up.
Your lifestyle too needs a close introspection if you want to deal with your erectile dysfunction treatment effectively. You might be fond of tobacco smoke and destroying your lungs, but it the smoke worth jeopardizing your sex-life?
Smoking and alcohol not only deteriorate your erectile dysfunction but also cause it, so giving these stuff up will be doing your partner and yourself huge favours.
The most effective lifestyle change you can make to deal with this condition is to make some moves, yes, moves. Most of us live a sedentary life that does not require any moment at all, which creates many diseases apart from erectile dysfunction.
You can start morning walks, take up a sport or even dance to shake up your lethargic body, this will not only improve your health but enhance your attractiveness as well as your mood.
Remember, erectile dysfunction is nothing to worry or be ashamed about, there are more than enough treatments available for you. It’s solvable and you are not alone.