QuickBooks is a user-friendly accounting application. It meets the customer’s basic requirements. However, just like any other technical application, there are certain errors and glitches that hamper the smooth functioning of the application. One such error is QuickBooks error H202, which appears on the screen while switching to multi-user mode. There are numerous reasons behind this troublesome error, which we will discuss further in this post.
Are you scratching your head because of QuickBooks Error Code H202? If yes, then worry not; you are on the right page.
In this blog, we will discuss how to fix QuickBooks Error H202. We highly recommend you to read the complete blog. In case you face any doubt, feel free to contact us at our toll-free number (800) 280-5969. Our expert team members will assist with your query. You can also reach our website to grasp more information about QuickBooks.
What do you mean by QuickBooks Error H202 server 2012?
QuickBooks Error H202 server 2012 error appears on the screen when users try to work in multi-user mode. The error code comes along with an error message that says, “You are trying to with a company file that is located on another computer and the copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server of that computer’. And this is the QuickBooks error code H202.”
The error won’t allow users to perform several tasks in the application.
QuickBooks Desktop Error H202- In Layman’s Term
QuickBooks H-series errors are inevitable errors. The errors occur due to internal or external technical glitch. QuickBooks Desktop Error H202 typically occurs when users try to switch the hosting mode in the application from single-user mode to multi-user mode. The QuickBooks Error H202 pops up on the screen, which states that “You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server (H202)”.
Some Facts that triggers Error Message H202?
QuickBooks Error H202 occurs due to numerous reasons. Few of those reasons are listed below.
- The error may occur when hosting settings are misconfigured.
- Users may face the error when the firewall software blocks the data exchange between QuickBooks and the server.
- QuickBooks Error H202 may also occur when DNS settings are not properly configured.
- The error may also occur due to damaged or corrupted .nd file.
- An issue with QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- The error may occur when the server’s IP address is not available to QuickBooks Desktop.
Let’s discuss the causes which lead to Error H202.
There are numerous elements which trigger the error; some of them are mentioned below.
- The error can occur when wrong QuickBooks file host configuration or settings.
- A security Software of a firewall has blocked QuickBooks Communication.
- User may encounter the error when QuickBooks workstation fails to ping the host server.
- In case conflicting database manager conflicts with DNS Server.
- Damaged Services components or inoperative QuickBooks services can also lead to the error.
- Due to clash in multiple database server manager versions.
Some Other reasons behind This Error.
- The error may occur due to incorrect hosting settings either on the workstation or on the server.
- Users may encounter the error code when a Windows firewall or third-party firewall application obstructing QuickBooks from accessing the company file.
- Faulty DNS settings like incorrect DNS server addresses can also lead to this error.
- General network configuration errors could also be the major reason behind QuickBooks Error H202.
- The error may occur when QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not runningon your Windows PC.
- Users may also face the error when QuickBooks Database Server Manager is damaged or corrupt.
Why do I encounter QuickBooks Error H202?
Users encounter this error due to multiple reasons. Below are some of the most common reasons.
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings could be one of the major reasons behind this error.
- The error may occur when the server computer firewall is blocking incoming and outgoing communication.
- Conflict with the DNS server can also create the issue.
- The error may occur when QB is unable to get the IP address of the host system.
- The error may occur when some internal QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor aren’t running on the server computer.
- This error appears on the screen due to corrupted or damaged network data file (.ND.
Symptoms of QuickBooks 2020 Error H202
- Due to this error, you won’t be able to switch into multi-user mode.
- Your system may freeze.
- Error Message H202 will pop up on the screen repeatedly.
- QuickBooks will not respond appropriately.
Resolve QuickBooks Error H202 Permanently
QuickBooks offers multiple features to run a business smoothly. Besides its advanced features, it also holds some errors which affect the on-going work task. This error appears on the screen when users try to switch to multi-user mode. The error may occur due to multiple reasons, but the most common reason is incorrect settings of hosting configuration. The error won’t allow you to open the company file
A simple way to Resolve QuickBooks Error H202
Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to solve this issue. The tool helps to identify and fix the network issues in the application.
- Firstly, download and install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the downloaded file on your desktop.
- Run the tool and make sure to scan the company file.
- When the tool run, note down the IP address, which will appear on the screen.
- Enable the ports in the firewall Status section, which have the Open Ports Button.
- After that, make sure to follow the prompt instructions carefully.
- Finally, check if the error remains.
The error can stop users from accessing their company file located on another server. Due to this error, your system may freeze down. Therefore, to fix QuickBooks Error H202 follow the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the blog or contact us at our toll-free number (800) 280-5969.