Most of the users opt WPS method for Netgear extender setup. But the method doesn’t prove effective. As a result, Netgear extender not working issue arise. We recommend you to consider the manual method to set up Netgear WiFi extender.
In the coming sections we will nudge on the setting up the WiFi extender manually. We had mentioned the steps for first time users. So, if you have already done with the Netgear extender setup steps, then you can skip them. On the other hand, you can cross-check whether you have followed the correct WiFi extender setup steps or not.
Let’s get started!
Step #1: Attach the Antennas to WiFi Extender
Take of the antenna caps and attach them with your WiFi range extender. Now, set the antennas at the angle of 45 degrees and make sure that they are attached firmly.
Step #2: Placement of Your Extender
Now, you have to find an appropriate place for your WiFi range extender. Choose an area that is within the range of your router’s signals but be sure that there is an access of electric power outlet.
Step #3: Electric Power
As you are done with the placing of your WiFi extender, you have to plug-in your device to a power outlet and then turn it on. If the extender’s power LED doesn’t blink, then press the power button. Ensure that your WiFi extender is receiving proper electric power supply.
Step #4: Connect Your Extender to Router
It’s time to bring WiFi extender into action. To do so, you need to connect your Netgear extender to router via an ethernet cable. So that the extender can be configured smoothly.
Step #5: Netgear WiFi Extender Setup using Web Browser
Once you have connected your extender to router, you are all set for the setup process. To configure your device, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- 1. Turn on your desktop or laptop and connect it to the router’s network.
- 2. Launch any web browser and type mywifiext.net in the web address bar.
- 3. Press the ‘Enter’ key.
Important Note: If you are an iOS user, then you are advised to visit mywifiext.local web address.
- 1. As soon as you press the enter key, you will be asked to enter the default Netgear extender login credentials.
- 2. Click on the ‘Log In’ button.
- 3. Click on the ‘Proceed’ button to begin the Netgear extender setup process.
- 4. Select the ‘Extender’ mode, and then hit on the ‘Next’ button.
- 5. Hit on the ‘Save’ button to apply the final changes.
Step #6: Unplug Your Extender and Place It to Its Place
You are now done with the Netgear extender setup. You can shift your extender to its appropriate location. There are a few things to consider before positioning the extender. They are as follow:
- 1. New location that you have selected for your WiFi extender must be within the range of your home WiFi router.
- 2. Try to keep your both extender and router away from radio interference devices like cellular phones, microwaves, refrigerators, microwaves, fish tanks, etc.
Bonus Tip: If you failed to access mywifiext net web address, then you try Netgear IP 192.168.1.250 to visit Netgear extender setup web page.
That’s all! We hope that our article will help you well to fix Netgear extender not working problem. For any further help, you can leave your queries in the comments section. Our experts will try to figure out your WiFi extender problems and reach to you to fix the issue.