Sukhasana is the simplest posture to begin yoga. It is made up of two words Sukha and asana. As its name suggests, by doing this yoga one gets happiness, calm, and peace.
Sukhasana Yoga is also called Easy Pose. A person of all ages can do this. By doing this, the circulation of blood throughout the body is good. Doing Sukhasana Yoga helps you concentrate. And by doing this, you get relief and your fatigue is reduced.
By practicing Sukhasana regularly, your mental and physical and many types of diseases can also be cured. And if you study it regularly, it helps in awakening your chakras and kundalini.
What is Sukhasana?
Sukhasana is a Sanskrit word. It is made of two words, happiness + posture. Happiness means simple and pleasurable, and the state of remaining in the same state is called asana. This asana is considered most suitable for meditation.
If you want to start yoga, then this asana is the simplest posture for that situation and one can easily start yoga by learning this asana.
Yoga asana helps you in awakening your chakra and kundalini also because we practice this yoga since childhood and doing this asana can make your meditation easier and it also increases your concentration power.
Sukhasana Yoga is considered to be a simple and peaceful and relaxing posture in Ashtanga described yoga. Every person sits in this posture, but the problem is that they are not able to remain stable in this posture. And this is the reason why this posture cannot be completed. With this asana, you feel pleasure and it makes your body healthy. you may also like Health tips for a healthy life
Steps of doing Sukhasana:
If you practice Sukhasana for a few minutes, then it gives you peace of mind and comfort. Well, it is easy to do Sukhasana but there are some steps to it, by following it, you can do Sukha asana well and for a long time. The steps of doing Sukhasana is as follows –
- To do Sukhasana, spread yoga and sit on it comfortably.
- Bring both your legs one by one in cross position from the knees inward.
- You have to keep your waist straight, while doing this asana, your waist should not be bent.
- Place the palms of both your hands upwards on your knees.
- Your spine should be straight and the shoulders should be absolutely taut.
- If you want, you can also put a cushion or a pillow under the feet.
When not to do Sukhasana
While doing Sukhasana, keep in mind that if you have any of the problems mentioned below, do not do Sukhasana Yoga. Although it is easy to do this asana in the beginning you may have some trouble. When you have practiced this asana, then you can easily do it.
- Keep in mind that even if your hips are swollen or someone’s hips are hurt, do not do this asana.
- This posture should not be done even if someone has a problem with slip disk.
- If any pregnant women want to do this asana, they should first consult their doctor or experts. If the doctor advises doing the asana, then this asana should be done.
- If you have trouble sitting on the ground, you can put a cushion or pillow to sit on. And sit with the support of the wall.
Other benefits of Sukhasana –
There are many benefits of doing Sukhasana as we told you above, but apart from this, there are many other benefits of Sukhasana which are as follows –
- With this asana, your mental balance is maintained.
- It is a meditation posture so it gives peace to your mind.
- It reduces stress and anxiety, and it also strengthens your spine.
- This posture is very good for people whose body is slightly rigid.
- Sukhasana can increase the width of your chest.
Do this asana after doing Sukhasana –
To start Sukhasana Yoga is a very good posture that you can learn and practice very easily, so in this article, we are telling you some asanas that can be done after Sukhasana: 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh
You can also know more about yoga asana by joining 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.